Haikus from A Study In Scarlet by Arthur Conan Doyle

From a book categorized as and 278 pages follows a description and a number of hidden haikus found in the book:

  • Download the epub for free here
  • Download the book in raw text for free here

It ran in this way--
SHERLOCK HOLMES--his limits. 1.
Knowledge of Literature.--Nil. 2. Philosophy.--Nil. 3.

"Ah, that was a more
daring shot, though I have no
doubt that I was right.

It was close upon
twelve before I heard the sharp
sound of his latch-key.

Ferrier remained
silent for some little time
with his brows knitted.

He was passing through
the door, when he turned, with flushed
face and flashing eyes.

And yet such a death
was sure to overtake him
if he persisted.

I had grown my beard,
and there was no chance of their
recognizing me.