Haikus from The Hound of the Baskervilles by A. Conan Doyle

From a book categorized as and pages follows a description and a number of hidden haikus found in the book:

  • Download the epub for free here
  • Download the book in raw text for free here

This is the Devon
County Chronicle of May
14th of this year.

cried Holmes in high glee,
rubbing his hands together
with satisfaction.

The book showed that two
names had been added after
that of Baskerville.

I must go back, or
he will miss me and suspect
that I have seen you.

I meekly answered
that I had spoken without
knowing all the facts.

The unknown might be
lurking there, or he might be
prowling on the moor.

That frightful cry turned
the blood to ice in my veins.
"Oh, my God!" I gasped.

Now it burst upon
our ears, nearer, louder, more
urgent than before.