Haikus from The Turn of the Screw by Henry James

From a book categorized as Fiction / General and 145 pages follows a description and a number of hidden haikus found in the book:

The Turn of the Screw: Terror closes around the lives of two young children and their governess. But who has spun the frightening web? Can ghosts of a dark past control the hearts of two seemingly innocent children? Or does the evil lurk only in the governess' troubled mind?the governess' troubled mind?

  • Download the epub for free here
  • Download the book in raw text for free here

"The story's written.
It's in a locked drawer--it has
not been out for years.

"I can't leave them now."
"You're afraid--?" I spoke boldly.
"I'm afraid of HIM."

"Tell me how you know,"
my friend simply repeated.
"Know? By seeing her!

What was it to get
away if I got away
only till dinner?

"Dear little Miles, dear
little Miles, if you KNEW how
I want to help you!

He turned round only
when the waiter had left us.
"Well--so we're alone!"