Haikus from The Eye of Zeitoon by Talbot Mundy

From a book categorized as Fiction / General and 272 pages follows a description and a number of hidden haikus found in the book:

This is a pre-1923 historical reproduction that was curated for quality. Quality assurance was conducted on each of these books in an attempt to remove books with imperfections introduced by the digitization process. Though we have made best efforts - the books may have occasional errors that do not impede the reading experience. We believe this work is culturally important and have elected to bring the book back into print as part of our continuing commitment to the preservation of printed works worldwide.

  • Download the epub for free here
  • Download the book in raw text for free here

Fred began to look
 extremely cheerful and Will
nudged me and nodded.

A second later
 he grinned at us again through
the tiny window.

"Let's take a chance!" said
 Will, and we were all agreed
before he urged it.

The glance took as swift
 effect as an electric
spark that fires a mine.

The German coughed, set
 one foot forward, and folded
both arms on his breast.

Whether she answered
 or not I could not see, but
Monty was smiling.

I separated
 sheep from goats, and made over
the nine to Ephraim.

"Is he your husband?"
 "No." "Then what you want with 'im?"
No one said a word.

Gloria nodded.
 "You sing?" "Sometimes." "You dance?" "Oh,
yes. I love it." "Ah!

"I have!" said Monty.
 And after a short swift stare
at him Fred looked glum.

Undo the promise
 made to this Armenian!
What is he to thee?

It began to dawn
 on me that I would better
listen after all.

"I've unearthed a plot,"
 I began, limping along
beside him. "No, sir!

Set them to cutting
 this trail and another one.
They worked like beavers.

"All right," Fred grumbled.
 "But how about you rear while
all that's going on?

Then he turned on me.
 "Now damn your ankle," he said.
"Try to forget it!

He saw me at last,
 and brought his hundred men down
the ramp at a run.